We are a growing and successful business with big ambitions! We work hard and play hard with an ethos that matches our brand statement and goals of acting with "Integrity, Pride and Passion" in everything we do.
There are a number of roles within the Raging Bull family, ranging from head office to stores. So whether your thing is accounting, merchandising, marketing, eCommerce, sourcing, buying or customer service then we are always on the look out for fresh talent!
We currently have vacancies for:
Assistant Product Designer
An opportunity has arisen to join an exciting fashion retail business which is growing at a very quick pace, operating mainly within the UK menswear arena. Raging Bull has gone from strength to strength over the past few years with some great momentum. Working as part of a small head office team brings with it certain challenges but also great rewards and ownership of the role.
We are now looking to recruit a new member of the Design team to support the growing needs of the business. The successful applicant will join in a brand-new role at the creative heart of the business, supporting the current design team in delivering the best product possible. Raging Bull prides itself on quality and value for money for the customer, with a wide target market from the core 35-55 male demographic to the newer 18-25 target market, as well as the new activewear customer. This is a great opportunity to support the design and production process and put your skills to the test.
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Hours: Full Time
Remuneration/ Pay rate: £25,000 - £27,000
Location: Maisemore, Gloucester, GL2 8HR – own transport necessary due to location.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding the brands USP, DNA and distinct brand handwriting and building on this when designing new products.
- Reasonable for researching all areas needed to design a commercial range to include historic sales data and looking forward at trend and fabric development.
- Presenting range ideas to management an embryonic stage through to completed tech packs.
- Liaising with the sourcing manager and suppliers to ensure samples are delivered on time
- Ensure Raging Bulls range is relevant and commercial and update where needed.
- Accountable for hitting all critical path deadlines and ensuring a full range of samples for sign off.
- Following the seasonal process from concept to product handover.
- Attend first fittings to ensure design intent is met
- Strong teamwork across the design function as well as working closely with other areas of the head office team.
- Proactively finding all sales and brand knowledge needed to build a balanced range
- Proactively developing brand right newness in fabric and shape as well as sustainable product.
- Accountable for bringing a high level of creativity and fabric development knowledge to the range
- Working with the options given by Merchandising and understanding the range balance.
- Professionally raising concerns over issues that might arise over all areas of product development with suppliers / factories or the internal team to your line manager to seek to resolve
- Assisting the rest of the design team on joint projects and ranges as well as any departmental jobs to help the department run smoothly.
- Reacting to sales and working into OTB efficiently alongside the Head of design to ensure in season opportunities are taken
- Leading by example of deadline achievement, professional cross-functional liaison, fresh thinking, and proven track record of sales success.
In order to be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Experience in a similar brand, or comparable retailer, working as a designer/ Design Assistant capacity
- Knowledge of Menswear fabrics and experience of developing them with factories.
- Able to demonstrate relevant professional experience/professional or academic qualifications (Fashion design degree or similar)
- Ability to influence & communicate effectively, with excellent people skills
- Computer literate (Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Understanding of garment construction, pattern cutting and finishing
- Excellent eye for detail and quality Understanding of garment specification packages and developing them with factories
- Ability to mange deadlines and work smartly to be able to adjust workload accordingly should designs need to be actioned at short notice to meet the needs of the business.
- Flexibility is key to this role, being able to adjust to the ever-changing needs of a small growing retail business.
Package includes salary, 28 days holiday (pro rota for part time role) (plus bank holidays), seasonal clothing allowance, 50% staff discount, profit related bonus scheme, employee rewards gateway ‘PerkBox’, and private pension scheme.
Please email a full CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org